- a mistake；the state or condition of being wrong in conduct or judgement
noun: error, plural noun: errors
- 1. a mistake spelling errors an error of judgement
- ▪ the state or condition of being wrong in conduct or judgement goods dispatched to your branch in error the crash was caused by human error
- ▪ a measure of the estimated difference between the observed or calculated value of a quantity and its true value.
- ▪ a mistake in matter of law appearing in the proceedings of a court of record the decisions of the appeal committee disclosed no error of law