- (of a volcano) become active and eject lava, ash, and gases；be ejected from an active volcano
verb: erupt, 3rd person present: erupts, gerund or present participle: erupting, past tense: erupted, past participle: erupted
- 1. (of a volcano) become active and eject lava, ash, and gases:
Mount Pinatubo began erupting in June
- 2. be ejected from an active volcano:
hot lava erupted from the crust
- 3. (of an object) explode with fire and noise resembling an active volcano:
smoke bombs erupted everywhere
- 4. break out or burst forth suddenly and dramatically:
fierce fighting erupted between the army and guerrillas
cheers erupted from the crowd
- 5. give vent to anger, enthusiasm, amusement, or other feelings in a sudden and noisy way:
the soldiers erupted in fits of laughter
- 6. (of a pimple, rash, or other prominent mark) suddenly appear on the skin.
- 7. (of the skin) suddenly develop a pimple, rash, or mark.
- 8. (of a tooth) break through the gums during normal development.
- v.(of a volcano) become active and eject lava, ash, and gases:
- Mount Pinatubo began erupting in June
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
... are bursting with cars. 車輛把那些道路擠滿了。erupt 中文解釋：主要指火山的爆發，也可用來引申爆炸；爆破；爆裂。 英文解釋...
... volcano: A volcano that is currently erupting, or has erupted during recorded...) A volcano that is not presently erupting but that is considered likely to erupt in...
volcano = 火山 If a volcano erupts, it explodes inside and flames, rocks...eruption，如果主詞是火山，而動詞是爆發，就要用動詞的erupt。英文字尾常常會幫一個字根變成各種不同的詞。eruption...