- (of a volcano) become active and eject lava, ash, and gases；be ejected from an active volcano
verb: erupt, 3rd person present: erupts, gerund or present participle: erupting, past tense: erupted, past participle: erupted
- 1. (of a volcano) become active and eject lava, ash, and gases Mount Pinatubo began erupting in June 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ be ejected from an active volcano hot lava erupted from the crust 同義詞
- ▪ (of an object) explode with fire and noise smoke bombs erupted everywhere
- 2. break out suddenly and dramatically fierce fighting erupted between the army and guerrillas noise erupted from the drawing room 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. give vent to anger, amusement, etc. in a sudden and noisy way the soldiers erupted in fits of laughter
- 4. (of a spot, rash, or other mark) suddenly appear on the skin a boil had erupted on her temple 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of the skin) suddenly develop a spot, rash, or mark his skin erupts with hives
- 5. (of a tooth) break through the gums during normal development the lower incisors had erupted
- (of a volcano) become active and eject lava, ash, and gases: Mount Pinatubo began erupting in June
Oxford American Dictionary
... are bursting with cars. 車輛把那些道路擠滿了。erupt 中文解釋：主要指火山的爆發，也可用來引申爆炸；爆破；爆裂。 英文解釋...
... volcano: A volcano that is currently erupting, or has erupted during recorded...) A volcano that is not presently erupting but that is considered likely to erupt in...
volcano = 火山 If a volcano erupts, it explodes inside and flames, rocks...eruption，如果主詞是火山，而動詞是爆發，就要用動詞的erupt。英文字尾常常會幫一個字根變成各種不同的詞。eruption...