- remove (someone) from a place of danger to a safer place；leave or cause the occupants to leave (a place of danger)
verb: evacuate, 3rd person present: evacuates, gerund or present participle: evacuating, past tense: evacuated, past participle: evacuated
- 1. remove (someone) from a place of danger to a safer place several families were evacuated from their homes 同義詞
- ▪ leave or cause the occupants to leave (a place of danger) fire alarms forced staff to evacuate the building nearly five million had to evacuate because of air terror 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of troops) withdraw from (a place) the last British troops evacuated the Canal Zone
- 2. technical remove air, water, or other contents from (a container) when it springs a leak, evacuate the pond
- ▪ empty (the bowels or another bodily organ) patients evacuated their bowels before dialysis 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ discharge (faeces or other matter) from the body the bowel functions to evacuate solid waste products 同義詞 反義詞
- remove (someone) from a place of danger to a safer place: several families were evacuated from their homes
Oxford American Dictionary
evacuate lighting equippment or emergency lighting equippment
...被分散。 2. This will give your family a place to gather if you must evacuate. 最後一個單字是Vt，為什麼不用接受詞？ evaculate可當及物或不及物動詞...
...基本上相同,但brag常用於向某人吹噓(+TO) boast用於吹噓某事(+ABOUT) evacuate 跟retreat evacuate通常是用於平民,指有命令或武力的第3者去"淨空"或...