- escape or avoid, especially by cleverness or trickery；(of an abstract thing) elude (someone)
verb: evade, 3rd person present: evades, gerund or present participle: evading, past tense: evaded, past participle: evaded
- 1. escape or avoid, especially by cleverness or trickery friends helped him to evade capture for a time he tried to kiss her, but she evaded him 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of an abstract thing) elude (someone) sleep still evaded her
- ▪ avoid giving a direct answer to (a question) he denied evading the question 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ avoid dealing with or accepting; contrive not to do (something morally or legally required) difficulties to be faced and not evaded
- ▪ escape paying (tax or duty), especially by illegitimate presentation of one's finances she was sentenced on three counts of conspiracy to evade taxes
- ▪ defeat the intention of (a law or rule), especially while complying with its letter suppliers can evade or manipulate regulations
...這叫 dodge bullets，還有躲避球，英文是 dodgeball，因為球來了，要躲。 evade 比較接近「逃」或「避」，是一種 escape 或 avoid，採取措施以逃避或避免...
... of the military. Set 2: I think "elude" and "evade" are very similar... They seem like they can be used interchangeably...
...afraid completely loses. 明明就是輸不起還在那邊硬ㄠ Wants to evade doesn't have the courage. 根本就是個 " 俗辣 ", 還裝得很有 "...