- flat and smooth；in the same plane or line; level
- make or become even
- used to emphasize something surprising or extreme；used in comparisons for emphasis
- 1. flat and smooth:
prepare the site, then lay an even bed of mortar
- 2. in the same plane or line; level:
run a file along the saw to make all of the teeth even with each other
- 3. equal in number, amount, or value:
an even gender balance among staff and students
- 4. equally balanced:
it's not an even fight
- 5. (of two people) in a state of being equal with each other, having eliminated an imbalance or debt:
just one more favor and we're even, OK?
- 6. having little variation in quality; regular:
they traveled at an even and leisurely pace
- 7. (of a person's temper or disposition) equable; calm:
a man of good humor and even temper
- 8. (of a number, such as 2, 6, or 108) divisible by two without a remainder:
a meter that reads only in even numbers
any number doubled is even
- 9. bearing an even number:
headers can be placed on odd or even pages or both
- 10. exactly equal to a round number; not having any fractions:
the Dow Jones ended at an even 10,000
- 1. make or become even:
she cut the hair again to even up the ends
thereafter prices evened out
- 1. used to emphasize something surprising or extreme:
they have never even heard of the US
they wore fur hats, even in summer
- 2. used in comparisons for emphasis:
he knows even less about it than I do
- 3. used in questions to indicate confusion or exasperation:
what is this whole thing even about?
what even is bitcoin, anyway?
even 甚至 例句 1.I helped her find...身分證但她甚至沒說謝謝 2.It's npt difficult.Even a child can do it. 它不是困難的.甚至連小...要外出，電話鈴響了 It happened even as he had expected 事情正如他所料...
我另外加了一個even as 先來看 even 最基本的定義 even...what you are saying not even 就是 not + even ex: He never ...something else: He realized, even as he spoke, that no one would ever...
...and stylish , and its various make it _____ more fascinating. (A)even (B)ever (C)even though(D)even if 這題更不懂? (B)? ...