- flat and smooth；in the same plane or line; level
- make or become even
- used to emphasize something surprising or extreme；used in comparisons for emphasis
- 1. flat and smooth prepare the site, then lay an even bed of mortar 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ in the same plane or line; level run a file along the saw to make all of the teeth even with each other
- 2. equal in number, amount, or value an even gender balance among staff and students 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ equally balanced the first half of the match was fairly even 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of two people) in a state of being equal with each other, having eliminated an imbalance or debt just one more favour and we're even, OK?
- ▪ having little variation in quality; regular they travelled at an even and leisurely pace 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person's temper or disposition) equable; calm she was known to have an even temper and to be difficult to rile 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a number, such as 2, 6, or 108) divisible by two without a remainder a meter that reads only in even numbers any number doubled is even
- ▪ bearing a number that is divisible by two without a remainder headers can be placed on odd or even pages or both
- 1. make or become even she cut the hair again to even up the ends it's not exactly revenge I want, but I'd like things evened up 同義詞
- 1. used to emphasize something surprising or extreme they have never even heard of the United States they wore fur hats, even in summer 同義詞
- ▪ used in comparisons for emphasis he knows even less about it than I do 同義詞
- ▪ used in questions to indicate confusion or exasperation what is this whole thing even about? what even is bitcoin, anyway?