- a thing that happens, especially one of importance；a planned public or social occasion
noun: event, plural noun: events
- 1. a thing that happens, especially one of importance one of the main political events of the late 20th century
- ▪ a planned public or social occasion events to raise money for charity 同義詞
- ▪ each of several particular contests making up a sports competition a star sprinter in the 100- and 200-meter events 同義詞
- ▪ a single occurrence of a process, e.g. the ionization of one atom.