- not approximated in any way; precise；accurate or correct in all details
- demand and obtain (something, especially a payment) from someone；inflict (revenge) on someone
verb: exact, 3rd person present: exacts, gerund or present participle: exacting, past tense: exacted, past participle: exacted
- 1. not approximated in any way; precise:
the exact details were still being worked out
- 2. accurate or correct in all details:
an exact replica, two feet tall, was constructed
- 3. (of a person) tending to be accurate and careful about minor details:
she was an exact, clever manager
- 4. (of a subject of study) permitting precise or absolute measurements as a basis for rigorously testable theories:
psychomedicine isn't an exact science yet
- 1. demand and obtain (something, especially a payment) from someone:
tributes exacted from the Slavic peoples
William's advisers exacted an oath of obedience from the clergy
- 2. inflict (revenge) on someone:
he exacts a cruel revenge against the winning candidate
These are the exact same types of books our teachers...看的那幾本, 只是同類型的, 否則原句不必有types of. exact : 恰恰的; 正好的 the same types of books 同類型...
accurate 可能有誤差的精確 exact 百分之百的精確,強調重要性的精確 precise 時空的精確,一般的精確 把 accurate...2010-04-15 13:41:19 補充： 貼個網路韋伯的字辨給你參考 同義字 correct, accurate, exact, precise, nice, right 都表示與事實標準相符. correct 通常喻沒有錯誤過失 accurate 喻...
to be exact = 確切地說 1. We have a finite amount of time in which to complete this project-ten days, to be exact. 我們必須在有限的時間內完成這項計畫 ─ 確切地說，10天內。 2. Fresh...