- make (a hole or channel) by digging；dig out material from (the ground)
verb: excavate, 3rd person present: excavates, gerund or present participle: excavating, past tense: excavated, past participle: excavated
- 1. make (a hole or channel) by digging the cheapest way of doing this was to excavate a long trench 同義詞
- ▪ dig out material from (the ground) the ground was largely excavated by hand
- ▪ extract (material) from the ground by digging a large amount of gravel would be excavated to form the channel
- 2. remove earth carefully from (an area) in order to find buried remains the site was excavated in 1975
- ▪ reveal or extract (buried remains) while excavating an area clothing and weapons were excavated from the burial site 同義詞
- make (a hole or channel) by digging: the cheapest way of doing this was to excavate a long trench
Oxford American Dictionary
...archeological site—a cultural manifestation buried in the ground that could be excavated and gotten out of the way by archeologists.所有關切的人都認為...
... can regard the shortcoming, but the worried intention transfers excavates own merit, then 2008-12-05 22:59:59 補充： displays, confidence Ju...
...elementary school students always have the infinite potential waiting to be excavated. 希望在這過程中, 藉由著教學與遊戲Hopefully through the tuition and...