- a royal or national treasury；the bank account into which tax receipts and other public monies are paid; the funds of the British government
noun: exchequer, plural noun: exchequers
- 1. a royal or national treasury an important source of revenue to the sultan's exchequer
- ▪ the bank account into which tax receipts and other public monies are paid; the funds of the British government each of the protesters will be liable to a fixed fine, which could raise £200m for the Exchequer
- ▪ the former government office responsible for collecting revenue and making payments on behalf of the sovereign, auditing official accounts, and trying legal cases relating to revenue.
- a royal or national treasury: an important source of revenue to the sultan's exchequer
...’s stock and his 1929 resignation as Chancellor of the Exchequer (after the defeat of the Conservative government at the general election) ...
...exception 例外、排除 excerpt 摘錄 excess 超過、過量 exchange 交換 、交易 exchequer 國庫 excisable 可刪去的、應課稅的 excise 切除、刪去 exciseman 英國的收...
... and get quirky Beziers. Dumpy kibitzer jingles as exchequer overflows. Puzzled women bequeath jerks very exotic...