- carry out or put into effect (a plan, order, or course of action)；produce (a work of art)
verb: execute, 3rd person present: executes, gerund or present participle: executing, past tense: executed, past participle: executed
- 1. carry out or put into effect (a plan, order, or course of action) the corporation executed a series of financial deals 同義詞 carry out, accomplish, perform, implement, effect, ... 更多
- ▪ produce (a work of art) not only does she execute embroideries, she designs them too
- ▪ perform (an activity or maneuver requiring care or skill) they had to execute their dance steps with the greatest precision 同義詞 perform, present, render, stage, put on
- ▪ make (a legal instrument) valid by signing or sealing it.
- ▪ carry out (a judicial sentence, the terms of a will, or other order) police executed a search warrant
- ▪ carry out an instruction or program.
- 2. carry out a sentence of death on (a legally condemned person) he was convicted of treason and executed 同義詞 put to death, carry out a sentence of death on, kill, hang, send to the gibbet, ... 更多
- ▪ kill (someone) as a political act he would be executed if he fell into rebel hands