- put (a plan, order, or course of action) into effect；produce (a work of art)
verb: execute, 3rd person present: executes, gerund or present participle: executing, past tense: executed, past participle: executed
- 1. put (a plan, order, or course of action) into effect the corporation executed a series of financial deals 同義詞
- ▪ produce (a work of art) not only does she execute embroideries, she designs them too
- ▪ perform (a skilful action or manoeuvre) they had to execute their dance steps with the greatest precision 同義詞
- ▪ make (a legal instrument) valid by signing or sealing it.
- ▪ carry out (a judicial sentence, the terms of a will, or other order) police executed a search warrant
- ▪ carry out an instruction or program.
- 2. carry out a sentence of death on (a legally condemned person) he was convicted of treason and executed 同義詞
- ▪ kill (someone) as a political act he would be executed if he fell into rebel hands