- become or make larger or more extensive；(of the universe) undergo a continuous change whereby, according to theory based on observed red shifts, all the galaxies recede from one another.
verb: expand, 3rd person present: expands, gerund or present participle: expanding, past tense: expanded, past participle: expanded
- 1. become or make larger or more extensive:
their business expanded into other hotels
the work began as a short story and was later expanded into a novel
- 2. (of the universe) undergo a continuous change whereby, according to theory based on observed red shifts, all the galaxies recede from one another.
- 3. give a fuller version or account of:
the minister expanded on the government's proposals
- 4. become less reserved in character or behaviour:
Alice opened and expanded in this normality
- v.become or make larger or more extensive:
- their business expanded into other hotels and properties
baby birds cannot expand and contract their lungs
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...extend: 圖片參考：https://s.yimg.com/rk/AB04640049/o/232267173.jpg expand 著重在向外擴張，是上下左右地增漲，例如： 吹氣球，氣球會 expand 圖片參考...
Expand 是擴大的意思, extend 是算延長 我想得到的情況都跟中文差不多 你中文該用擴大的地方就用expand 該用延長的時候就用延長, 懂? Expand has the implicit ...
如同大家對州法院效力跨州擴充的傳統了解, 一個州的領域把法院對被告的法律效力限定住了, 因而, 除非被告在訴訟案一開始時人在該州或在該州擁有財產否則一州的法院無權處理被告為他州人士的訴訟案. 一個州法院能夠把他州的被告在本地接受審判稱之為'long-arm' jurisdiction...