- a person who lives outside their native country；an exile.
- denoting or relating to a person living outside their native country；expelled from one's native country.
- send (a person or money) abroad
noun: expatriate, plural noun: expatriates
verb: expatriate, 3rd person present: expatriates, gerund or present participle: expatriating, past tense: expatriated, past participle: expatriated
- 1. a person who lives outside their native country American expatriates in London
- ▪ an exile.
- 1. denoting or relating to a person living outside their native country expatriate workers
- ▪ expelled from one's native country.
- 1. send (a person or money) abroad we expatriated the prisoners of war immediately after the end of the war people that have illegally expatriated funds 同義詞
- a person who lives outside their native country: American expatriates in London
- denoting or relating to a person living outside their native country: expatriate writers and artists
- settle oneself abroad: candidates should be willing to expatriate
Oxford American Dictionary
...inclination to work abroad if an organization offers and plans the career path for expatriates clearly. Or, Employees are more inclined to work...
...文化都在原來的國家或地區) Inpatriates：本國或本地的工作者。 Expatriates：外國或外地來的工作者，家庭一起遷入者 http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary...
expat=expatriate 指移居國外的人 如外商公司總經理多由總公司派駐, 而那位總經理你就可稱他為expatriate 因為針對expatriate, 公司會補助食衣住行, 加上大部分領雙薪, 當然營運成本高囉！