- regard (something) as likely to happen；regard (someone) as likely to do or be something
verb: expect, 3rd person present: expects, gerund or present participle: expecting, past tense: expected, past participle: expected
- 1. regard (something) as likely to happen:
we expect the best
he expects the stock market to sink further
- 2. regard (someone) as likely to do or be something:
they were not expecting him to continue
- 3. believe that (someone or something) will arrive soon:
Celia was expecting a visitor
- 4. look for (something) from someone as rightfully due or requisite in the circumstances:
we expect great things of you
- 5. require (someone) to fulfill an obligation:
we expect employers to pay a reasonable salary
- 6. used to indicate that one supposes something to be so, but has no firm evidence or knowledge:
they're just friends of his, I expect
I expect you know them?
I expected to have a vacation on.., but... 我(當時)預計在..會有個假期,但... 說明: 這句話動詞expect以過去式表達,指的是當時曾這樣預期著...但也許後來不如預期. I expected to have a vacation in December, but my boss didnt let go. 我原本預計...
Hello... 兩者區別如下喔~ "expected Saturday" expected adj. (形容詞...expecting 還有"懷孕"的意思喔 ; Ann is expecting. 這樣清楚嗎?? 希望對你有幫助喔~
expected : boy/girl 已懷孕 ：男孩/女孩 懷孕中 ：男孩/女孩 這是表示已經懷孕但是尚未知是男嬰或女嬰。 預產期：expected date of delivery (縮寫 EDD) 準爸爸 expecting father/daddy 準媽媽 expecting...