- regard (something) as likely to happen；regard (someone) as likely to do or be something
verb: expect, 3rd person present: expects, gerund or present participle: expecting, past tense: expected, past participle: expected
- 1. regard (something) as likely to happen we expect the best he expects the stock market to sink further 同義詞
- ▪ regard (someone) as likely to do or be something they were not expecting him to continue 同義詞
- ▪ believe that (someone or something) will arrive soon Celia was expecting a visitor
- ▪ look for (something) from someone as rightfully due or requisite in the circumstances we expect great things of you 同義詞
- ▪ require (someone) to fulfill an obligation we expect employers to pay a reasonable salary
- ▪ used to indicate that one supposes something to be so, but has no firm evidence or knowledge they're just friends of his, I expect I expect you know them?