- a strong belief that something will happen or be the case；a belief that someone will or should achieve something
noun: expectation, plural noun: expectations
- 1. a strong belief that something will happen or be the case:
reality had not lived up to expectations
I sat down in expectation of a feast of nostalgia
- 2. a belief that someone will or should achieve something:
students had high expectations for their future
- 3. one's prospects of inheritance.
- 4. another term for expected value
...both 人 and 事物, you can use 介系詞: “for” or “of”=> high expectations of, high expectations for. Examples: high expectations...
Great Expectation is a great novel. Hope you can enjoy...the socioeconomic ladder -- enjoying "great expectations" -- with the help of an unknown benefactor. He...
1. expectation（期望） hangover（宿醉)：意思是當期望不如當初所預期而落空時，所產生的一...宿醉一樣的不好的感受會持續一陣子困擾著你～ 2. Have you ever suffer from expectation hangover? (你有沒有感受過期待落空的失落感？） 3.會常用在一般會話中...