- the area covered by something；the degree to which something has spread; the size or scale of something
noun: extent, plural noun: extents
- 1. the area covered by something:
an enclosure ten acres in extent
- 2. the degree to which something has spread; the size or scale of something:
an in-depth survey will be carried out to establish the extent of the damage
- 3. the amount to which something is or is believed to be the case:
everyone will have to compromise to some extent
they altered the document to such an extent that it contained little in the way of new policy
- n.the area covered by something:
- an enclosure ten acres in extent
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
先要知道一個片語 to a [certain] extent (就某程度而言); to a greater or lesser extent (或多或少...affect our lives 是借用關系代名詞 which 來說明 extent. 程度。什麼程度？ ==> 影響我們生活的程度。本來which 就...
...了which也更表達了去的是眾多party中的其中一個。） ◆至於你問的「The extent to which your diet is successful depends on your willpower...
to what extent 到什麼程度 how much how many How serious to what degree To what extent will the budget have to be modified? To what extent do you think he's aware of the problem? To what extent does idealism...