- 1. 事實 isn't it a fact that the firm is losing money? 公司正在虧損，這難道不是事實嗎？ hard facts 事實真相
- 2. 現實 space travel is now a fact 太空旅行已成為現實 despite/owing to/apart from/in view of the fact that ... 儘管／由於／除了／鑒於…
- 3. 真實的事物 fact and fiction 真實和虛構 this story is based on fact 這個故事以真人真事為基礎
- 4. 事實 a question of fact 事實問題
- 1. 確切地說 we finished it yesterday, as a matter of fact 其實，這事我們昨天就完成了 I used to live in France; in fact, not far from where you're going 我以前住在法國；確切地說，離你要去的地方不遠
- 2. 事實上 they promised to pay and in fact that's what they did 他們答應付錢，事實上他們也這樣做了 does it in fact matter very much? 它真的關係重大嗎？
- 3. 總而言之 he's dishonest, and ignorant: quite unsuitable in fact 他這人既不誠實又無知：總之很不合適
- 4. 實際上 I don't mind at all; in fact I'm delighted 我一點都不介意，實際上我很高興
1. a thing that is known or proved to be true
2. information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
「1. a thing that is known or proved to be true」的反義字
...省略, 唯獨在名詞子句作為主詞時, That要放在句首, 不可省略. The fact (that) Ann likes her new job is clear. 前面加個...
It is a fact that I almost drowned makes me very careful about water safety...兩個，少一個連接詞，唸起來一定不通順，必然錯誤。 It is a fact that I almost drowned that makes me very careful about water...
1.The fact that he is in love with her. 這不是一個完整句子, 結構是: 名詞...這個事實 2.He just broke up with her. Due to the fact, he doesn't want to be in a relationship. 兩句可合併為: Due to the fact...