- used to express good wishes on parting
- an act of parting or of marking someone's departure；parting good wishes
- mark the departure or retirement of (someone) with a ceremony or party.
noun: farewell, plural noun: farewells
verb: farewell, 3rd person present: farewells, gerund or present participle: farewelling, past tense: farewelled, past participle: farewelled
- 1. used to express good wishes on parting:
- 1. an act of parting or of marking someone's departure:
the dinner had been arranged as a farewell
- 2. parting good wishes:
he had come on the pretext of bidding her farewell
- 1. mark the departure or retirement of (someone) with a ceremony or party.
ph. the southernmost point of Greenland.
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- exclused to express good wishes on parting:
- Farewell Albert!
- n.an act of parting or of marking someone's departure:
- the dinner had been arranged as a farewell
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...說再見." 你把good-bye想成"再見", 把bid xxx farewell想成"道別", 這樣就差不多了. 1. "道別"...英文用常常用bid. I bid you go. I bid you farewell. I bid you goodbye. 以上用法應該都可以. 這就像...
farewell 較正式 而且我的一位外國老師說 通常這樣用的話都是會'很久'都看不到對方...
goodbye比較隨意，適合用在一般日常生活的各種狀況。 farewell比較正式、比較嚴肅，通常隱含著「很久不會再見到了」或是「再也沒機會見到」的意思。 簡單來說goodbye就是很平常的「再見」，farewell比較像是「永別了」。