- 是…的父親；發明; 創立
過去式：fathered 過去分詞：fathered 現在分詞：fathering
- 1. 父親 like father like son 有其父必有其子 we had the father and mother of a row 我們吵得不可開交
- 2. 祖先
- 3. 創始人 the father of the motor car 汽車的發明者 the father of English theatre 英國戲劇之父
- 1. 是…的父親
- 2. 發明; 創立
1. a man in relation to his child or children
3. an important male figure in the origin and early history of something
4. the oldest member or doyen of a society or other body
5. (in Christian belief) the first person of the Trinity; God
6. (often as a title or form of address) a priest
「1. a man in relation to his child or children」的反義字
father 本身不是專有名詞。 但是若是大寫，就變成專有名詞，指「我爸」: I just talked to Father tonight.= I just talked to my father tonight. Father=...
[How is your father doing? (a) Fine, thank you. (b) He is...you doing? 這類的問句。 而本題既然特指 your father 才是問安的對象，那用 (a) 句型回答，最好是說 He...
father-in-law是指配偶ㄉ父親 in-law是強調非血親ㄉ親戚 此單字ㄉ所有格為:father-in-law's 複數的所有格:father-in-laws'