- an unattractive or unsatisfactory feature, especially in a piece of work or in a person's character；a break or other defect in an electric circuit or piece of machinery
- criticize for inadequacy or mistakes；do wrong
noun: fault, plural noun: faults
verb: fault, 3rd person present: faults, gerund or present participle: faulting, past tense: faulted, past participle: faulted
- 1. an unattractive or unsatisfactory feature, especially in a piece of work or in a person's character my worst fault is impatience
- ▪ a break or other defect in an electric circuit or piece of machinery a fire caused by an electrical fault 同義詞
- ▪ a misguided action or habit the fault of the keen therapist is to start to intervene during the assessment phase 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (in tennis and similar games) a service of the ball not in accordance with the rules.
- ▪ (in showjumping) a penalty point imposed for an error.
- 2. responsibility for an accident or misfortune if books were not selling, it wasn't the fault of the publishers it was his fault she had died 同義詞
- 3. an extended break in a rock formation, marked by the relative displacement and discontinuity of strata on either side of a particular plane a landscape broken by numerous faults the fault plane dips northwards
- 1. criticize for inadequacy or mistakes her superiors could not fault her dedication to the job you cannot fault him for the professionalism of his approach
- ▪ archaic do wrong the people of Caesarea faulted greatly when they called King Herod a god
- 2. (of a rock formation) be broken by a fault or faults the continental crust has been thinned and faulted as a result of geological processes
..., you can read English well. First, fault and mistake: I DID OR SAID ...nothing wrong with English, so it is my fault 2012-05-07 10:19:44 補充： In the above sentence, we...
faults, flaws, weaknesses and drawbacks. 如光以「缺點」涵義...物 drawbacks 大多用來指事 原為單數，但使用上幾乎都用複數。 faults 過失、責任/缺點/錯誤 A character weakness, especially a minor one. 個性上的...
...你沒有提供原文，而且網路上那篇文章也要登入後才能看，所以我只好這樣翻： Fault Line 是指地形位移過程中和之後，兩片地層之間的接觸面 ( 從側面看...