- an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat；a feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety and well-being of someone
- be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening；feel anxiety or apprehension on behalf of
noun: fear, plural noun: fears
verb: fear, 3rd person present: fears, gerund or present participle: fearing, past tense: feared, past participle: feared
- 1. an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat he is prey to irrational fears drivers are threatening to quit their jobs in fear after a cabby's murder 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety and well-being of someone police launched a search for the family amid fears for their safety
- ▪ the likelihood of something unwelcome happening she could observe the other guests without too much fear of attracting attention 同義詞
- ▪ a mixed feeling of dread and reverence the love and fear of God 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening farmers fear that they will lose business he said he didn't care about life so why should he fear death? 同義詞
- ▪ feel anxiety or apprehension on behalf of I fear for the city with this madman let loose in it 同義詞
- ▪ avoid or put off doing something because one is afraid they aim to make war so horrific that potential aggressors will fear to resort to it 同義詞
- ▪ used to express regret or apology I'll buy her book, though not, I fear, the hardback version
- ▪ regard (God) with reverence and awe he urged his listeners to fear God 同義詞
... near the edge 我從未走近邊緣 Used to fear swam far from shore 曾經害怕游離岸邊 Never...you give me love 當你來愛我時 I have no fear of heights, 我不怕高 No fear of the deep blue...
to fear for you=為你擔心 (因為我認為你可能遭到惡運)這裡的fear當動詞用,fear for是片語動詞. He expressed fears for ...
... of snakes(怕蛇), scared of cockroaches (怕蟑螂) Fear是恐懼 <名詞/動詞> 是因為害怕會發生所以恐懼 通常是用在...