- feeling or showing fear or anxiety；causing or likely to cause people to be afraid; horrifying
- 1. feeling or showing fear or anxiety they are fearful of the threat of nuclear war he's fearful that his career is over 同義詞
- ▪ causing or likely to cause people to be afraid; horrifying a fearful accident 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. informal very great he was in a fearful hurry 同義詞
- feeling afraid; showing fear or anxiety: bond traders have remained fearful of inflation the mothers were fearful that their daughters would marry and move abroad
Oxford American Dictionary
to be “fearful” is to be afraid. to be “fearsome” is to cause fear in others...anxiety 2012-09-19 13:22:57 補充： fearsome reputation = "令人"生畏的聲譽 fearful reputation = 可怕的聲譽 fearsome explosion = "令人"害怕的爆炸 fearful explosion...
...perform = 脆弱的武器(也許是手臂)不再能用 night fell = 時間進入晚上了 a fearful storm of thunder, lightning and rain began = 一場雷電交加，可怕的暴風雨開始...
...這類型接近Hazan和Shaver的焦慮/矛盾依附型態。 (3) 逃避依附（fearful）：認為自我是沒價值的、不可愛的負面自我意像，同時對他人的認知也是不可...