- a distinctive attribute or aspect of something；a part of the face, such as the mouth or eyes, making a significant contribution to its overall appearance
- have as a prominent attribute or aspect；have as an important actor or participant
noun: feature, plural noun: features
- 1. a distinctive attribute or aspect of something a well-appointed house with interesting decorative features one salient feature of the case has been overlooked 同義詞
- ▪ a part of the face, such as the mouth or eyes, making a significant contribution to its overall appearance a dark-haired man with strong, regular features 同義詞
- ▪ a distinctive characteristic of a linguistic unit, especially a speech sound or vocabulary item, that serves to distinguish it from others of the same type.
- 2. a newspaper or magazine article or a broadcast programme devoted to the treatment of a particular topic, typically at length a special feature on children's reference books 同義詞
- ▪ a full-length film intended as the main item in a cinema programme.
- 1. have as a prominent attribute or aspect the hotel features a large lounge, a sauna, and a coin-operated solarium 同義詞
- ▪ have as an important actor or participant the film featured Glenn Miller and his Orchestra
- ▪ be a significant characteristic of or take an important part in his later paintings feature prominently in the exhibition 同義詞