- (of a wound or sore) become septic; suppurate；(of food or rubbish) become rotten and offensive to the senses
verb: fester, 3rd person present: festers, gerund or present participle: festering, past tense: festered, past participle: festered
- 1. (of a wound or sore) become septic; suppurate I developed a tropical sore that festered badly 同義詞
- ▪ (of food or rubbish) become rotten and offensive to the senses piles of mouldy grey paper festered by the sink 同義詞
- ▪ (of a negative feeling or a problem) become worse or more intense, especially through long-term neglect or indifference below the surface, the old antagonisms festered 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) deteriorate physically and mentally in isolated inactivity remand prisoners are left to fester in our jails while they wait for trial
- (of a wound or sore) become septic; suppurate: I developed a tropical sore that festered badly
Oxford American Dictionary
...mind, collecting the details of scenery and a cast for the book that festered inside him. 他渾然忘我地神遊於利莫里克城, 為那本在心中醞釀已久的...
...? Does it dry up Like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like a sore-- And then run? Does it stink like rotten meat? Or crust...
... by a layer and a layer of bright fake packaging, and then let it fester, even fester on your own. From our subconscious self defense...