- constituting number five in a sequence; 5th；each of five equal parts into which something is or may be divided.
noun: fifth, plural noun: fifths
- 1. constituting number five in a sequence; 5th the fifth century her mother had just given birth to another child, her fifth
- ▪ each of five equal parts into which something is or may be divided.
- ▪ the fifth finisher or position in a race or competition he finished fifth
- ▪ (in some vehicles) the fifth (and typically highest) in a sequence of gears in my panic I changed from third to fifth
- ▪ fifthly (used to introduce a fifth point or reason) fourth, it can aid the process of life review, and fifth, it is an enjoyable and stimulating experience
- ▪ an interval spanning five consecutive notes in a diatonic scale, in particular (also perfect fifth) an interval of three whole steps and a half step (e.g., C to G) strings tuned a fifth apart
- ▪ the note which is higher by a fifth than the root of a diatonic scale.
- ▪ a fifth of a gallon, as a measure of liquor, or a bottle of this capacity a fifth of whiskey
- ▪ the fifth grade of a school.
Take five is to suggest to take a 5 minute break. A 5 minute break is commonly...have 5 fingers on a hand. When a person asks other to take a five, he/she would raise his/her hand to signal five.
FIve "wailers" mourning at the tomb 我想這句話是"五子...
＊ on March fifth , 2007可以寫成 on March fifth in 2007嗎？ 應該是... monday, the third monday, the fourth monday, the fifth monday or the last monday of january, 2007.