- the action of setting fire to something；the discharging of a gun or other weapon
noun: firing, plural noun: firings
- 1. the action of setting fire to something the deliberate firing of 600 oil wells
- 2. the discharging of a gun or other weapon the prolonged firing caused heavy losses no missile firings were planned
- 3. the baking or drying of pottery or bricks in a kiln the colours had suffered in the firing and were dull from overheating
- 4. the dismissal of an employee from a job the recent firing of the head of the department a series of firings and resignations
Hi there:"to be fired" means "to lose your job", so... speaking, you can replace "get fired" in this sentence with "be laid off", "...
on fire 有幾種意思 1 使起火,點火 如:I set the house on fire 我燒了那個房子 2 某人很興奮 如: Mary is on fire. ...
... and TV news reported resently that red fire ants are in Taiwan. The red fire... true？(下列)何者爲實? A：The red fire ants come from South Africa. 火蟻源自...