- a limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins and living wholly in water；the flesh of fish as food
- catch or try to catch fish, typically by using a net or hook and line；catch or try to catch fish in (a particular body of water)
verb: fish, 3rd person present: fishes, gerund or present participle: fishing, past tense: fished, past participle: fished
noun: fish, plural noun: fish
- 1. a limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins and living wholly in water the sea is thick with fish
- ▪ the flesh of fish as food hot crab appetizers stuffed with fish
- ▪ the zodiacal sign or constellation Pisces.
- ▪ used in names of invertebrate animals living wholly in water, e.g., cuttlefish, shellfish, jellyfish.
- ▪ a person who is strange in a specified way he is generally thought to be a bit of a cold fish
- ▪ a torpedo.
- 1. catch or try to catch fish, typically by using a net or hook and line he was fishing for bluefish I've told the girls we've gone fishing 同義詞
- ▪ catch or try to catch fish in (a particular body of water) they did fish the mountain streams when game grew scarce
- ▪ search, typically by groping or feeling for something concealed he fished for his registration certificate and held it up to the policeman's flashlight 同義詞
- ▪ try subtly or deviously to elicit a response or some information from someone I was not fishing for compliments 同義詞
- ▪ pull or take something out of water or a container the body of a woman had been fished out of the river
fish : (1) 魚 (可數 N. ) 單複數同形 ... (3) 釣魚 ( V. ) go fishing 去釣魚 所謂單複數同形是指"不管單數或複數都是用...
There are [three plates of] fish in the kitchen. 框起來的部分是 「三盤」，問句當然是問 「幾盤」，fish 是...不可用複數形。 There are 3 fish in the kitchen. -> How many fish are there in the kitchen. （廚房有三條魚。） 2. fish 講魚肉時，不可數...
Desiner Fish 1. 基因改造魚 （Genetically Manipulated Fish) ... pushing California to ban genetically altered fish, arguing that the potential threat to wild salmon and other native species...