- equivalent to the sum of two and three; one more than four, or half of ten; 5；a group or unit of five people or things
noun: five, plural noun: fives
- 1. equivalent to the sum of two and three; one more than four, or half of ten; 5 five of Sweden's top financial experts a circlet of five petals
- ▪ a group or unit of five people or things the bulbs are planted in threes or fives
- ▪ five years old he moved with his family to a fish farm when he was five
- ▪ five o'clock at half past five
- ▪ a size of garment or other merchandise denoted by five.
- ▪ a playing card or domino with five spots or pips.
- ▪ a five-dollar bill Joe counted his money: six fives and three twenties