- the side of a person's or animal's body between the ribs and the hip；a cut of meat from the flank of an animal
- be on each or on one side of；guard or strengthen (a military force or position) from the side
noun: flank, plural noun: flanks
- 1. the side of a person's or animal's body between the ribs and the hip leaning against his horse's flanks 同義詞
- ▪ a cut of meat from the flank of an animal a thick flank of beef on a spit two pounds of flank
- ▪ the side of something large, such as a mountain, building, or ship the northern flank of the volcano
- 2. the right or left side of a body of people such as an army, a naval force, or a soccer team the left flank of the Russian Third Army 同義詞
- ▪ the right or left side of a game board such as a chessboard.
- 1. be on each or on one side of the fireplace is flanked by built-in bookshelves
- ▪ guard or strengthen (a military force or position) from the side the southern gate of the fortress is flanked by towers massive walls, defended by four flanking towers
- ▪ attack down or from the sides, or rake with gunfire from the sides the ship went straight through the enemy fleet and flanked them a flanking attack from the northeast
Flank 在此作動詞用是位於...的兩側的意思 Adjourn在此我猜是旁邊 Large stone fireplaces flank the ends of the two large convention sized rooms, adjourning...
1.This flank of the corpse that means the Emily has ever slept in...
...a lot of, the seats all full up, at this time, I see the free of the flank of having a person, hence, I ask whether he can let me sit by...