- lavish insincere praise and compliments upon (someone), especially to further one's own interests；make (someone) feel honored and pleased
verb: flatter, 3rd person present: flatters, gerund or present participle: flattering, past tense: flattered, past participle: flattered
- 1. lavish insincere praise and compliments upon (someone), especially to further one's own interests she was flattering him to avoid doing what he wanted 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make (someone) feel honored and pleased I was very flattered to be given the commission at least I am flattered that you don't find me boring 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make oneself feel pleased by believing something favorable about oneself, typically something that is unfounded I flatter myself I'm the best dressed man here
- ▪ give an unrealistically favorable impression of the portraitist flatters his sitter to the detriment of his art
- ▪ (of a color or a style of clothing) make (someone) appear more attractive or to the best advantage the muted fuchsia shade flattered her pale skin 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ please (the ear or eye) the beauty of the stone flattered the young clergyman's eyes
凡是表面平坦的蛋糕都可被成為 flat cakes. 像普通cheese cakes, birthday cakes, or even pancakes...s1600/IMG_0858.JPG basically it's any cake that has a flat surface.
flat~形容詞~均一的,一律的 rate~名詞~費用,價格 flat rate~無論你停多久，費用都是7元 2007-10-17 09:17:04 補充： What's ”Flat Rate” mean? 建議改成 What does ”Flat Rate” mean?
根據國立編譯館的翻譯，flat knit 為橫編組織或橫編織物，一般口語化是叫做"橫紋"，像 flat-knit T-shirt 就是橫紋汗杉。