- lavish praise and compliments on (someone), often insincerely and with the aim of furthering one's own interests；cause (someone) to feel honoured and pleased
verb: flatter, 3rd person present: flatters, gerund or present participle: flattering, past tense: flattered, past participle: flattered
- 1. lavish praise and compliments on (someone), often insincerely and with the aim of furthering one's own interests she was flattering him in order to avoid doing what he wanted 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause (someone) to feel honoured and pleased I was very flattered to be given the commission she felt flattered that he was confiding in her 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ choose to believe something favourable about oneself, typically when this belief is unfounded ‘Don't flatter yourself! I wasn't doing it for your benefit!’
- ▪ give an unrealistically favourable impression of the final scoreline flattered England
- ▪ (of a colour or a style of clothing) cause (someone) to appear to the best advantage the fuchsia shade flattered her pale skin 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ please (the ear or eye) the beauty of the stone flattered the clergyman's eyes
凡是表面平坦的蛋糕都可被成為 flat cakes. 像普通cheese cakes, birthday cakes, or even pancakes...s1600/IMG_0858.JPG basically it's any cake that has a flat surface.
flat~形容詞~均一的,一律的 rate~名詞~費用,價格 flat rate~無論你停多久，費用都是7元 2007-10-17 09:17:04 補充： What's ”Flat Rate” mean? 建議改成 What does ”Flat Rate” mean?
根據國立編譯館的翻譯，flat knit 為橫編組織或橫編織物，一般口語化是叫做"橫紋"，像 flat-knit T-shirt 就是橫紋汗杉。