- throw or hurl forcefully；move or push (something) suddenly or violently
- a short period of enjoyment or wild behaviour；a short, spontaneous sexual relationship
noun: fling, plural noun: flings
- 1. throw or hurl forcefully he picked up the debris and flung it away she flung herself down on his bed
- ▪ move or push (something) suddenly or violently he flung back the bedclothes Jennifer flung open a door
- ▪ start or engage in (an activity or enterprise) with great energy and enthusiasm he flung himself into his athletics
- ▪ go quickly and angrily Lisa had flung out of the house without so much as a glance at him
- 1. a short period of enjoyment or wild behaviour one final fling before a tranquil retirement 同義詞
- ▪ a short, spontaneous sexual relationship I had a fling with someone when I was at college 同義詞
- 2. short for Highland fling
throwß主要為丟擲之意,沒有抓的意思fling<- to throw or push (something) in a sudden and...這字才有抓的意思She threw/flung/pitched her hat into the air.(她把帽子...
... perhaps amassed small forces and carved out far-flung domains, but it was Vlad’s usurpation of Sylvania...
putting our best foot forward. = to try as hard as you can fling = a short period of enjoyment