- completely level or even with another surface；(of printed text) not indented or protruding
- so as to be level or even；so as to be directly centered; squarely
- fill in (a joint) level with a surface.
- 1. completely level or even with another surface the gates are flush with the adjoining fencing
- ▪ (of printed text) not indented or protruding each line is flush with the left-hand margin
- ▪ (of a door) having a smooth surface, without indented or protruding panels or moldings.
- 2. informal having plenty of something, especially money the banks are flush with funds 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of money) plentiful the years when cash was flush 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. so as to be level or even the screw must fit flush with the surface
- ▪ so as to be directly centered; squarely Jumbo reached up and hit Bruno flush on the jaw
- 1. fill in (a joint) level with a surface.