- go or come after (a person or thing proceeding ahead); move or travel behind；go after (someone) in order to observe or monitor them
verb: follow, 3rd person present: follows, gerund or present participle: following, past tense: followed, past participle: followed
- 1. go or come after (a person or thing proceeding ahead); move or travel behind she went back into the house, and Ben followed her the men followed in another car 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ go after (someone) in order to observe or monitor them the KGB man followed her everywhere 同義詞
- ▪ archaic strive after; aim at I follow fame
- ▪ go along (a route or path).
- ▪ (of a route or path) go in the same direction as or parallel to (another) the road follows the track of the railway line
- ▪ trace the movement or direction of she followed his gaze, peering into the gloom
- 2. come after in time or order the six years that followed his restoration the rates are as follows
- ▪ happen after (something else) as a consequence raucous laughter followed the ribald remark retribution soon followed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ be a logical consequence of something this argument simply doesn't follow it thus follows from this equation that the value must be negative
- ▪ (of a person) do something after (something else) they follow their March show with four UK dates next month
- ▪ have (a dish or course) after another or others during a meal turkey was followed by dessert
- 3. act according to (an instruction or precept) he has difficulty in following written instructions 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ conform to the film faithfully follows Shakespeare's plot 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ act according to the lead or example of (someone) he follows Aristotle in believing this 同義詞
- ▪ treat as a teacher or guide those who seek to follow Jesus Christ
- 4. pay close attention to I've been following this discussion closely
- ▪ take an active interest in or be a supporter of supporters who have followed the club through thick and thin 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a book, film, programme, etc.) be concerned with or trace the development of the book follows the life and career of Henry Clay
- ▪ track (a person, group, or organization) by subscribing to their account on a social media website or application if you've been following me on Facebook recently you may have seen a bunch of different posts about surgery and back trouble I don't follow many celebrities on Twitter any more
- ▪ understand the meaning or tendency of (a speaker or argument) I still don't follow you 同義詞 反義詞
- 5. practise (a trade or profession).
- ▪ undertake or carry out (a course of action or study) she followed a strict diet
A is followed by B 是"A先B後"喔... your 5-digit mailbox number followed by the pound ("#") key. 按下"#(井字號)"...
The following settings are common to all multimedia applications: ==>這裡...following是adj嗎，動詞were是因為configurations為複數 正確. The following is your Account Information ==>這裡是因為information...
Following column to be filled by customer 這不是一個完整的句子, 只能算是一個名詞...此句也省略了 冠詞the, 由於缺乏前後文, 依the的位置可以是下列譯文之一: the following column to be filled by customer 以下應由顧客填寫的欄位 Following...