- lack of good sense; foolishness；a foolish act, idea, or practice
noun: folly, plural noun: follies
- 1. lack of good sense; foolishness an act of sheer folly
- ▪ a foolish act, idea, or practice the follies of youth
- 2. a costly ornamental building with no practical purpose, especially a tower or mock-Gothic ruin built in a large garden or park.
- 3. a theatrical revue with glamorous female performers the Ziegfeld Follies
- lack of good sense; foolishness: an act of sheer folly
Oxford American Dictionary
What innumerable follies laid waste my waking and sleeping thoughts after...
... 高可信度和免除恐怖的自由 4. Terrorism: The Folly of Experience and the Wisdom of History 恐怖主義...
...somebody with the same sauce. Answer a fool according to his folly. Give as good as one gets. Give him the dose of...