- lack of good sense; foolishness；a foolish act, idea, or practice
noun: folly, plural noun: follies
- 1. lack of good sense; foolishness:
an act of sheer folly
- 2. a foolish act, idea, or practice:
the follies of youth
- 3. a costly ornamental building with no practical purpose, especially a tower or mock-Gothic ruin built in a large garden or park.
- 4. a theatrical revue with glamorous female performers:
the Ziegfeld Follies
- n.lack of good sense; foolishness:
- an act of sheer folly
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
What innumerable follies laid waste my waking and sleeping thoughts after...
... 高可信度和免除恐怖的自由 4. Terrorism: The Folly of Experience and the Wisdom of History 恐怖主義...
...somebody with the same sauce. Answer a fool according to his folly. Give as good as one gets. Give him the dose of...