- a secure grip with one's feet；the basis on which something is established or operates
noun: footing, plural noun: one's footings
- 1. a secure grip with one's feet he suddenly lost his footing 同義詞
- 2. the basis on which something is established or operates attempts to establish the shop on a firm financial footing 同義詞
- ▪ the position or status of a person in relation to others the suppliers are on an equal footing with the buyers 同義詞
- 3. the foundations of a wall, usually with a course of brickwork wider than the base of the wall.