- football; soccer.；rugby or Australian Rules.
noun: footy, plural noun: footies
- 1. British football; soccer.
- ▪ Australian, New Zealand rugby or Australian Rules.
- 2. North American a fabric covering for the foot as part of a garment for a young child the built-in footies with grips will allow your little one to explore without fear of slipping ballet-themed footie pajamas
- ▪ a short sock that covers only the foot and is typically hidden when worn with a shoe I buy a ton of footies to try to prevent blisters
- football; soccer.