- in accordance with convention or etiquette；officially
- 1. in accordance with convention or etiquette:
he was formally attired
- 2. officially:
the Mayor will formally open the new Railway Centre
- 3. in outward form or appearance:
formally, ministers are responsible to the monarch
- 4. in terms of form or structure:
formally complex types of text
- adv.in accordance with the rules of convention or etiquette:
- he was formally attired
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
Thailand, formally the Kingdom of Thailand, is a country in Southeast...
"Drive safely" is the formally correct phrase. Saying "drive safe" sounds...right/good thing", then "do good" is the formally correct phrase. If "do good" means "...
This letter is to formally announce personnel changes of improving our services to your firm. 可改至如上句,故是修飾personnel changes .