- (of a person or their manner or speech) direct and outspoken；proceeding directly forwards.
- directly forwards.；immediately.
- 1. (of a person or their manner or speech) direct and outspoken his most forthright attack yet on the reforms
- 2. archaic proceeding directly forwards.
- 1. archaic directly forwards.
- ▪ archaic immediately.
- (of a person or their manner or speech) direct and outspoken; straightforward and honest: his most forthright attack yet on the reforms
- directly forward.
Oxford American Dictionary
根據 Merriam-Webster 字典的解釋，downright 作副詞用時的確與 forthright 同義，但這種用法已經逐漸淘汰中。 參考資料 Definition of downright from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
以下的說法都是常用來描述說話直接，不拐彎抹角： forthright, frank, free-spoken, outspoken, plainspoken, blunt。 "我只能說...
你真的很可愛,又很率直! You are really very lovely, very forthright! 沒有一般的藝人那股傲氣! There is no that burst of haughtiness of...