- in the direction that one is facing or traveling; toward the front；in or toward the bow or nose of a ship or aircraft.
- directed or facing toward the front or the direction that one is facing or traveling；positioned near the enemy lines
- an attacking player in basketball, hockey, or other sports.；an offensive or defensive lineman.
- send (a letter or email) on to a further destination；hand over or send (an official document)
noun: forward, plural noun: forwards
verb: forward, 3rd person present: forwards, gerund or present participle: forwarding, past tense: forwarded, past participle: forwarded
- 1. in the direction that one is facing or traveling; toward the front he started up the engine and the car moved forward Lori leaned forward over the table 同義詞
- ▪ in or toward the bow or nose of a ship or aircraft.
- ▪ in the normal order or sequence the number was the same backward as forward
- 2. onward so as to make progress; toward a successful conclusion there's no way forward for the relationship 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ into a position of prominence or notice he is pushing forward a political ally 同義詞
- 3. toward the future; ahead in time from that day forward, the assembly was at odds with us 同義詞
- ▪ to an earlier time the special issue has been moved forward to winter
- 1. directed or facing toward the front or the direction that one is facing or traveling forward flight the pilot's forward view 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ positioned near the enemy lines troops moved to the forward areas 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ situated in or toward the bow or nose of a ship or aircraft the forward cargo doors the crew's cabin is forward
- ▪ (of a voltage applied to a semiconductor junction) in the direction which allows significant current to flow.
- 2. relating to or concerned with the future a twelve-month forward forecast 同義詞
- 3. moving or tending onward to a successful conclusion the decision is a forward step
- ▪ developing or acting earlier than expected or required; advanced or precocious an alarmingly forward yet painfully vulnerable child 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (of a person) bold or familiar in manner, especially in a presumptuous way I am not usually a forward sort of person 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. an attacking player in basketball, hockey, or other sports.
- ▪ an offensive or defensive lineman.
- 2. short for forward contract
- 1. send (a letter or email) on to a further destination my emails were forwarded to a friend I recently received an email forwarded from a friend 同義詞
- ▪ hand over or send (an official document) their final report was forwarded to the Commanding Officer
- ▪ dispatch or send (a document or goods) we will forward the parcels to you anywhere in the world 同義詞
- 2. help to advance (something); promote the scientists are forwarding the development of biotechnology 同義詞
- in both directions alternately; to and fro
- be entirely familiar with something
- a control on a tape or video recorder for winding the tape forward rapidly: she played the fast forward so the figures jerked about wildly the fast-forward button
- wind (a tape) forward rapidly: people avoid commercial breaks by fast-forwarding material recorded off-air
- a control on a tape or video player for advancing the tape rapidly: the fast-forward button
- advance (a tape) rapidly, sometimes while simultaneously playing it at high speed: people avoid commercial breaks by fast-forwarding material recorded off-air
Oxford American Dictionary
- an attacking playing position on either side of the full forward: they scored a drop kick goal from deep in the right forward pocket
- offer one's help or services
Oxford American Dictionary
- a large forward who plays in the area near the opposing team's basket.
- in front of
- in the direction that one is facing or travelling; towards the front: he started up the engine and the car moved forward Rory leaned forward over the table
- directed or facing towards the front or the direction that one is facing or travelling: forward flight the pilot's forward view
- an attacking player in football, hockey, or other sports.
- send (a letter or email) on to a further destination: my emails were forwarded to a friend I recently received an email forwarded from a friend
Looking forward 、Look forward 跟Looked forward 各用在哪個時態呢 Looking...常見於早期商業書信的信尾客氣致候句, 就是採分詞構句的形式, 例如: Looking forward to hearing from you soon, we remain yours faithfully. 靜候回音同時, 我們...
這個句子中所講的不只是forward單獨一個字喔！！ 它所講的是一個片語 look forward to 期待~ look forward to 後面的to為介係詞,不是不定詞喔！！！ 所以look forward to後面若接動詞的話要用Ving的形式。
前幾天我無意中看到有人用fashion-forwarding這個字來表示「時髦的」、「前衛的」。今天...functional applications. 還是說，根本沒有eco-forwarding這個英文字，我不應該自己杜撰，而應該老老實實...