- a numerical quantity that is not a whole number (e.g. 1/2, 0.5).；a small or tiny part, amount, or proportion of something
noun: fraction, plural noun: fractions
- 1. a numerical quantity that is not a whole number (e.g. 1/2, 0.5).
- 2. a small or tiny part, amount, or proportion of something he hesitated for a fraction of a second her eyes widened a fraction 同義詞
- ▪ a dissenting group within a larger one the dominant classes or fractions in capitalist societies
- 3. each of the portions into which a mixture may be separated according to a physical property such as boiling point or solubility the third fraction contain alcohols with boiling points of 120–130°C
- 4. (in the Christian Church) the breaking of the Eucharistic bread the Fraction may be accompanied by the Agnus Dei