- make (something) newer, cleaner, or more attractive；add more liquid to (a drink); top up
verb: freshen, 3rd person present: freshens, gerund or present participle: freshening, past tense: freshened, past participle: freshened
- 1. make (something) newer, cleaner, or more attractive it didn't take long to freshen her make-up 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ North American add more liquid to (a drink); top up the waitress freshened their coffee 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. (of wind) become stronger and colder the westerly wind freshened and howled dismally the yachts picked up a freshening breeze 同義詞
- 3. North American (of a cow) give birth and come into milk.