- wild or violent anger；a surge of violent anger or other strong feeling
noun: fury, plural noun: furies
- 1. wild or violent anger:
tears of fury and frustration
Rachel shouted, beside herself with fury
- 2. a surge of violent anger or other strong feeling:
in a fury, he lashed the horse on
- 3. extreme strength or violence in an action or a natural phenomenon:
the fury of a gathering storm
she was paddling with a new fury
- 4. a spirit of punishment, often represented as one of three goddesses who pronounced curses on the guilty and inflicted famines and pestilences. The Furies were identified at an early date with the Eumenides.
指"憤怒"的字一般有anger、fury、rage、wrath。 以anger較普遍而籠統，rage表示憤怒到不能克制的地步，而fury的...天譴)。 fury另有情緒激動的意思，而與憤怒無關，如:She was in a fury of impatience to start the journey(她急著開始旅行)。 rage則可意味狂熱，如:He...
...到爆發而不能控制住”, 如: He flew into a rage. 他大發雷霆。 fury 語氣比 rage強, 指“暴怒”, 如: In his fury he broke...
His fury was so thunderous that it awoke Tina 以通俗的中文措詞翻譯如下: 他的暴怒有如雷聲大作, 都把蒂娜給吵醒了.