- wild or violent anger；a surge of violent anger or other strong feeling
noun: fury, plural noun: furies
- 1. wild or violent anger tears of fury and frustration Rachel shouted, beside herself with fury 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a surge of violent anger or other strong feeling in a fury, he lashed the horse on
- 2. extreme strength or violence in an action or a natural phenomenon the fury of a gathering storm she was paddling with a new fury 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. a spirit of punishment, often represented as one of three goddesses who pronounced curses on the guilty and inflicted famines and pestilences. The Furies were identified at an early date with the Eumenides.