- the state or quality of being light-hearted or cheerful；lively celebration or festivities
noun: gaiety, plural noun: gaieties
- 1. the state or quality of being light-hearted or cheerful:
the sudden gaiety of children's laughter
- 2. lively celebration or festivities:
he seemed to be a part of the gaiety, having a wonderful time
- 3. entertainments or amusements:
people long for the enchantments and gaieties of the European cities
general cheerfulness or amusement
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- n.the state or quality of being lighthearted or cheerful:
- the sudden gaiety of children's laughter
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...;equal friends and free; 簡樸 待友勤 ; Evenings of temperate gaiety; 歡樂 晚風爽 ; A wife discreet yet blithe and bright; 妻謹 又幽默 ; ...
...jocular, even as afterward his entire saintly life was glad with an invincible gaiety of spirit). In cursory conventional expressions it indicates...
...happiness bliss rejoicing felicity elation jubilation exultation ecstasy ravishment rapture gaiety enjoyment glee