- the state or quality of being lighthearted or cheerful；merrymaking or festivity
noun: gaiety, plural noun: gaieties
- 1. the state or quality of being lighthearted or cheerful the sudden gaiety of children's laughter 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ merrymaking or festivity he seemed to be a part of the gaiety, having a wonderful time 同義詞
- ▪ entertainments or amusements people long for the enchantments and gaieties of the European cities
- general cheerfulness or amusement
- the state or quality of being light-hearted or cheerful: the sudden gaiety of children's laughter
...;equal friends and free; 簡樸 待友勤 ; Evenings of temperate gaiety; 歡樂 晚風爽 ; A wife discreet yet blithe and bright; 妻謹 又幽默 ; ...
...jocular, even as afterward his entire saintly life was glad with an invincible gaiety of spirit). In cursory conventional expressions it indicates...
...happiness bliss rejoicing felicity elation jubilation exultation ecstasy ravishment rapture gaiety enjoyment glee