- play games of chance for money; bet；bet (a sum of money)
- an act of gambling；a risky action undertaken with the hope of success
noun: gamble, plural noun: gambles
verb: gamble, 3rd person present: gambles, gerund or present participle: gambling, past tense: gambled, past participle: gambled
- 1. play games of chance for money; bet:
he gambles on football
- 2. bet (a sum of money):
they gambled their money on cards
- 3. take risky action in the hope of a desired result:
he was gambling on the success of his satellite TV channel
- 1. an act of gambling:
Dad likes a bit of a gamble
- 2. a risky action undertaken with the hope of success:
we decided to take a gamble and offer him a place on our staff
- v.play games of chance for money; bet:
- she was fond of gambling on cards and horses
- n.an act of gambling; an enterprise undertaken or attempted with a risk of loss and a chance of profit or success.
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
不確定上下文 不過他們應該是在賭博 但是不是玩真的 例如說是用籌碼或是什麼的 而這句話的意思就好像是 雖然賭的是籌碼 可是還是假裝像玩真的一樣 gamble 賭博 as 這裡的as意思是像...一樣 in money 表示正式的賭博,也就是玩真的
此段文章出現在 Charles W.L. Hill 的著作 International Business: Competing in the Global Marketplace，第17章。 此文章的後續段落節錄如下 P&G had a similar experience in...
gamble v. 1.賭博 例:gamble at cards,on the horses,etc 賭紙牌、馬等 2.gamble sth(on sth)用(錢)賭博 例:He gambled all his winnings...