- an attendant employed to control who goes through a gate.；a person or thing that controls access to something
noun: gatekeeper, plural noun: gatekeepers
- 1. an attendant employed to control who goes through a gate.
- ▪ a person or thing that controls access to something GPs can act as gatekeepers, filtering demands made on hospital services
- 2. an orange and brown European butterfly with small eyespots on the wings, frequenting hedgerows and woods.
- an attendant at a gate who is employed to control who goes through it.
Oxford American Dictionary
gatekeeper(~s複數型)門番;看門的人;守衛;管理員 2006-06-18 01:54:50 補充： [名]門番, 門衛；踏切番；（新聞などの）点検［監視］者. 踏切番:鐵道鐵路的管理員新聞などの点検［監視］:新聞等等ㄉ檢查監工
...單字，「守門人」在英文字典裏有很明確的對應單字：gatekeeper，參考英英字典註釋如下：（http://dictionary.reference.com...是有些微差別的。如果純粹「健康守門人」字面直譯；Gatekeeper for Health 參考實例如下。這個大標題就是...
which is effectively a ‘gatekeeper’ model similar to that inthe NHS – and ‘TELMED’, where ...