- an instrument or device for measuring the magnitude, amount, or contents of something, typically with a visual display of such information；a tool for checking whether something conforms to a desired dimension
- estimate or determine the magnitude, amount, or volume of；judge or assess (a situation, attitude, or feeling)
noun: gauge, plural noun: gauges
verb: gauge, 3rd person present: gauges, gerund or present participle: gauging, past tense: gauged, past participle: gauged
- 1. an instrument or device for measuring the magnitude, amount, or contents of something, typically with a visual display of such information a fuel gauge 同義詞
- ▪ a tool for checking whether something conforms to a desired dimension mark out the details of the angled surfaces with a knife and gauge
- ▪ a means of estimating something; a criterion or test emigration is perhaps the best gauge of public unease 同義詞
- 2. the thickness, size, or capacity of something, especially as a standard measure. 同義詞
- ▪ the diameter of a string, fiber, tube, etc. a fine 0.018-inch gauge wire
- ▪ a measure of the diameter of a gun barrel, or of its ammunition, expressed as the number of spherical pieces of shot of the same diameter as the barrel that can be made from 1 pound (454 g) of lead a 12-gauge shotgun
- ▪ the thickness of sheet metal or plastic 500-gauge polyethylene
- ▪ the distance between the rails of a line of railroad track the line was laid to a gauge of 2 ft. 9 in
- 3. archaic the position of a sailing vessel to windward (weather gage) or leeward (lee gage) of another.
- 1. estimate or determine the magnitude, amount, or volume of astronomers can gauge the star's intrinsic brightness
- ▪ judge or assess (a situation, attitude, or feeling) she was unable to gauge his mood it is difficult to gauge how effective the ban was 同義詞
- 2. measure the dimensions of (an object) with a gauge when dry, the assemblies can be gauged exactly and planed to width 同義詞
force gauge is a gauge for measuring the magnitude of the force and the term "pull axially" is to pull something axially. 力量表=foce gauge 徑向地拉=pull axially 例如: Pulling the pin axially with an appropriate force...
.../2002/list_b/B15.doc 3.Standard G.M. Gauge Capability Study. 標準的通用汽車公司量檢具檢測能力測定 http...
壓力問題 Wait for the pressure gauge to fall to about 0.1 bar(e) / 0.01 MPa(e) / 1.5 psig. 請問這裡 bar後面括號一個e是什麼意思?
state of being balanced; maintain one's equilibrium scale in equilibrium about 0.1 bar(e)/0.01 MPa(e)/1.5 psig. 對垂量,平衡,均衡,均勢的閱謮.